Anything different from the usual is a welcome change, especially if it incorporates colours, flavours and a slight variation in its cooking style – presenting the goodness of dhokla in the form of a sandwich. Read to find out how to make this interesting Gujrati recipe.
|2 Cups||Gram Flour or Besan|
|1/2 Cup||Urad Dal|
|2 Tbsp||Lime Juice|
|1 Cup||Green Chutney|
|Fresh, Chopped||Coriander Leaves|
|2 Tsp||Mustard Seeds|
Sandwich Dhokla: Method
Preparing the batter:
- Take a large bowl and add besan or gram flour to it.
- Pour some water and add yogurt.
- Mix well with a whisk and leave it to ferment overnight.
- Place a pan on medium heat and add rice and dal to roast.
- After about 5 minutes, grind the coarse grains to a powder.
- Add the mix to the bowl.
- To this, add yogurt with water and stir continuously for a lump-free consistency.
- Let the mixture ferment over night.
Making the sandwiches:
- Take the batters prepared the previous day and add chilli paste to it, along with black pepper, a pinch of salt and turmeric powder.
- Mix it well.
- Simultaneously, take a bowl and add lime juice and soda.
- Add a portion of this solution to the batter 1 and the remaining to batter 2.
- Take a steam tray or plate and grease it.
- Pour batter 2 to fill half the trays.
- Steam and open when done. To this, add green chutney.
- Then pour batter 1 to it and flip the plates for even steaming.
- Garnish with mustard seeds, chillies and coriander leaves when ready.
- Dice the sandwiches and serve the yummy Gujrati dish hot.