SBI internet banking account has 2 types of passwords – account and profile password.
Account password is used for login into netbanking portal while profile password is used within the portal for doing vital operations like adding & deleting beneficiaries, changing payment limits, updating personal information etc.
Both are set by user at the time of first use.
Since these passwords are long and complex, they are hard to remember and may slip from your memory. In the blog, we tell you pretty easy ways of recovering forgotten SBI internet banking login and profile passwords.
1. Account(or Login) Password
- Click the ‘Forgot Login Password’ link on the SBI online banking login page.
- Select ‘Forgot My Login Password’ in the new window that opens up.
- Fill username, account number, phone number, date of birth and captcha text. Click ‘Submit’ to proceed.
- A 6-digit verification code called as OTP or One-time password will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the sent OTP and click ‘Confirm’ to proceed.
Now we have 2 ways of going forward; one way is resetting password using profile password and the other one is requesting bank for new password.
Option 1: Using Profile Password
If you remember the profile password, you can reset the account password immediately. To do this,
- Select first option – ‘Remember your profile password’ option.
- Enter profile password and click ‘Submit’.
- Enter new password twice and that’s it. Your SBI online banking account is successfully reset with new password.
Here is a video by CyberHowTo explaining the entire process of resetting login password using profile password.
Option 2: New Password by Mail
If you don’t remember the profile password, you can reset the password by requesting the bank. This method is time-taking as password is sent via postal mail.
- Select the second option – ‘Forgot profile password’.
- Now you have two options here, you can go to the bank and reset account password or just make a request for new password through mail to your address. For bank option, select ‘Reset login password at bank’ or select ‘Receive new login password by Post’ for mail option.
2. Resetting Profile Password
Profile password is very important. Without it, you cannot carry out important activities from your netbanking account including funds transfer and password change.
In case, you’re struggling to remember profile password of your SBI internet banking account, here is how you can reset it,
- Login to your SBI netbanking account and click ‘Profile’ tab at the top.
- Select any operation on the profile page; here we’ve selected ‘Manage Beneficiary’.
- Since you don’t remember profile password, click on ‘Forgot profile password’.
Here again you have 2 ways of recovering the password – one is by answering the hint question and other one is by contacting the bank.
Option 1: Answering Hint Question
- If you remember the hint question, select the question and answer it. Click ‘Submit’ to proceed.
- If you answer it correctly, you’d see a page for entering the new password.
Option 2: Contacting the bank
If you don’t remember the hint question, the other option is by contacting the bank.
- For this, click on ‘please click here’ against the ‘If you have not set the hint question….’ text below the hint question.
- Select the branch name and submit.
- A message containing the reference number will show up. Carry this number to the bank and they’ll reset your profile password.