Let’s go green with this innovative green peas dhokla recipe. It requires mashed green peas to the fermented mix and can easily be made at home. Sometimes a difference in colour and flavour add spark to the otherwise ordinary meal. Read more to figure out how to make this simple dish with a variation, the most nutritional recipe.
|1 Cup||Green Peas/Matar Puree|
|1 Cup||Gram/Besan Flour|
|1 Tbsp||Citric Acid Powder - for sour taste (can be replaced with 2-3 drops of lemon juice)|
|1 Tbsp||Ginger Chilli Paste|
|1 Medium Sized Chopped||Green Chillies|
|A Few Chopped||Coriander Leaves (Dhania)|
|1/2 Tbsp||Mustard Seeds|
|A Pinch of||Asafoetida (Hing)|
|1 Tbsp||Fruit salt|
Green Peas Dhokla: The Recipe
1. Making Pea-Mash.
- To prepare a thick paste of peas, use fresh peas for a distinct flavour and aroma.
- If green peas are not in season, take them off your frozen peas packet and use.
- For this, leave them at room temperature before you start mashing them in a bowl.
- Use a fork or spoon for the same and mix it thoroughly with a masher when coarse.
- Add the ginger chilli paste and continue mixing.
- Another alternate would be to make the green peas puree in advance and store it.
- Add salt to taste.
2. Mixing the Ingredients.
- Take a bowl and add gram flour and green peas mash to it.
- Take a little water in a cup and add citric acid powder to it.
- Mix it with a spoon till it dissolves completely.
- Add the solution, followed by salt to the bowl of mash.
- Stir continuously in one direction to prevent lumps from forming in the batter.
- To this, add fruit salt and about 1-2 spoons of water right on top.
- Watch the batter get light and fluffy as you continue stirring.
3. Steaming the Dhoklas.
- As usual, grease the steam plate or dish with oil.
- Pour the batter into it such that it spreads evenly.
- Steam it for about 12-14 minutes till done.
4. Seasoning & Serving.
- Take a seasoning ladle and add a spoon of oil.
- To this, add mustard seeds.
- When they crackle, add green chillies and asafoetida.
- Add the seasoning to the steamed dhoklas.
- Top it with coriander leaves, dice it into pieces.
- Serve the nutritional Indian food dish hot.