Anytime a pimple pops up on your face out of nowhere, it is sure to ruin your day. If it is right before your big date, it may greatly annoy as well as embarrass you and you may end up cancelling your date. As if having acnes were not bad enough, they leave behind ugly acne scars. If you have fair skin, the scars may typically be dark pinkish; if you have medium-to-dark skin, the scars may be deep brown. But whatever the color, these annoying spots may take forever to go away on their own.
The question is- can you do something about it without having to indulge in pricey gels, pills, medications and drugs that promise instant scar removal, but sadly with no effect. The only effect it has is increasing your frustration, anxiety and stress level. Hey, don’t be sad! There is good news in store for you. We bring you to the easy and natural way of treating acne scars and ensuring radiant and glowing skin.
Read on to know about some of the highly effective natural remedies for treating acne scars:
1. Aloe Vera
An exceptional herb, Aloe Vera works wonders in soothing swollen skin and regenerating damaged tissues, ensuring fast skin healing and fading acne scars. Aloe Vera is extremely gentle; this is the reason you will not have to worry about skin irritation or further skin damage. Moreover, as it is a natural moisturizer, it will make your skin look and feel softer and healthier.
How to Use Aloe Vera
- Take the leaf of Aloe Vera
- Peel its green outer cover
- Take out the gel like substance from under the outer cover
- Apply in the acne scars
- Leave it for approximately 20-25 minutes and wash off
Within days the acne scars will vanish, leaving glowing skin.
Along with treating pimples, honey can effectively treat acne scars as well.
How to Use Honey
- Add ½ tsp of cinnamon powder with 1 tbsp of honey. Apply it on the scars, covering the entire scar area. Leave it for approximately an hour and then wash off.
- Add 2 tbsp of honey in ¼ cup of oatmeal. Apply the paste on your acne scar. Leave it for approx. 10-15 minutes and wash off with warm water.
For best results, make sure to use raw honey.
3. Raw Tomatoes
Raw tomatoes can effectively remove acne scars for good.
How to use raw tomatoes
- Cut a raw tomato into small pieces
- Make a pulp out of the pieces.
- Apply the pulp on the scars and leave for approx. 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash off
Repeat the process twice a day for a fortnight.
Raw tomatoes contain Vitamin A in abundance, which restricts the production of oil or sebum from the acne pores. Additionally, the antioxidants assist in recovery of the damaged tissues.
4. Raw Potato
If patience is one of your virtues, use vitamin and mineral rich raw potato, one of the easiest and most effective acne scar treatment method.
How to use raw potato
- Cut a raw potato into slices
- Rub a slice in circular motion gently over your face
- Keep rubbing the slice till the potato slice dries
- Take another slice and repeat the process
- Keep repeating the process for approximately half an hour
- Wash off
- Apply a suitable moisturizer on your face
Follow the process daily for at least a month. Be patient and you are sure to see great results.
5. Lemon Juice
A natural bleach and Vitamin C rich lemon juice can greatly help in fading scars, revitalizing skin and promoting healing.
How to use lemon juice
- Just squeeze a lemon juice into a small bowl
- Mix it with some water if your skin is sensitive, or use it undiluted
- Use a cotton ball to apply the juice all over the scars
- Leave it for 20 minutes
- When it is completely dry, rinse your face
- Use a suitable moisturizer
Repeat the process in alternate days for a month.
An extremely popular ingredient in facial treatments, cucumber is rich in magnesium, vitamin C and vitamin A and is also super hydrating.
How to Use Cucumber
- For scar healing, buy an organic cucumber from the local market
- Cut it off in thin slices
- Lay them over your acne scars
- Leave it for approx. 30 minutes
- Take off the slices and rinse your face
Repeat the process daily or on alternate days to significantly reduce acne scars.
7. Baking Soda
An extremely common household item, baking soda has virtually hundred of uses, including the superb capability of removing scars. It gently exfoliates skin if used as a cleansing scrub.
How to Use Baking Soda
- Take 2 tbsp of baking soda and gently mix with water
- Form a thick paste and apply it on your scars
- Leave the mixture for two minutes
- Soda will clean the pores and prevent forming of further blemishes
- Wash your face
- Apply a good moisturizer
8. Olive Oil
Olive oil is arguable the most skin-friendly oil as it contains a wide array of vitamins including B1, B2, A, C, D and E, antioxidants and iron. Additionally, the anti-inflammatory properties of the oil help in the removal of scars.
How to use Olive Oil
- Take little olive oil on your palm and use it to gently massage your face
- Apply liberally on acne scars
- Keep massaging for a few minutes
- Take a clean towel and dip it in warm water
- Lay the warm towel over your face for a minute to allow your face to absorb the steam
- Take off the cloth and wipe off the excessive oil
- Do not rub the scars
- Wash off your face with normal water
9. Vitamin E
It is probably one of the easiest ways of healing scars and ensuring glowing skin.
How to Use Vitamin E
- Buy a Vitamin E gel capsule from the local market
- Puncture the end of the gel capsule
- Squeeze to extract the content on your fingertip
- Apply it directly to your acne scars and gently massage the area
- Leave it for 20 minute
- Wash off
For healing acne scars fast, you can even mix it into your moisturizing cream.
The first step towards removing acne scars is keeping your skin well moisturized and hydrated. Use a good natural moisturizer that suits your skin type and help keep your skin smooth and soft. Finally, remember that patience is the key ingredient, whatever remedy you choose for acne scars removal. Be patient and religiously follow your routine. Get flawless skin and be the star of all events!